Doggy Boat Ladders by
WaterDog Adventure Gear™
WAG Boarding Steps™ is a line of doggy boat ladders that are designed specifically for recreational boaters.
Unlike other doggy boat ladders, ramps or platforms, WAG Boarding Steps™provide a pet-friendly, stable and easy-to-use method for your dog to get from the water onto the boat. The set-and-forget design allows your dog to come and go as they wish without you needing to lift them out of the water. WAG Boarding Steps have a capacity of 130 pounds and are designed for dog use only.
We have two models that have been designed specifically for fiberglass boats:
- The patented SLM-12 is designed to quickly and securely mount to the boat’s swim ladder and can be installed and removed while on the boat or in the water. It can also be easily detached and float next to the boat when humans need to use the swim ladder. SLM-12 Owner’s Manual
U.S. Patent No. 8,596,212
- The PM-6 is designed to mount on a flat platform and cantilevers into the water without struts. Two pivot mounts are bolted through the platform, allowing the step assembly to pivot up out of the water and be quickly removed. PM-6 and XPM-6 Owner’s Manual
Other mounting options are also available and can be viewed at our Doggie Steps product page.
All WAG doggy boat ladders are proudly Made in the U.S.A. incorporating:
- Engineered plastics
- Anodized aluminum extrusions
- Stainless steel hardware
The superior design and performance of WAG doggy boat ladders is demonstrated through the following features:
- “Space-frame” design results in high open areas in all three directions to minimize the force and effects of surrounding water currents and waves versus molded sheets of plastic like other products
- 4″ deep, flat steps with integral toe plate and 4″ step height is suitable for dogs of all sizes and more pet-friendly than other dog boat ladders or platforms
Features unique to WAG Boarding Steps Model SLM-12 for swim ladder mounting:
- Proprietary adjustable upper and lower mounting arm assemblies that provide unsurpassed stability and positive engagement with most boat swim ladder designs and will not slip off or pop out of settings like other products
- Spring-loaded attachment requires no tools or straps like used on other doggy boat ladders, will not damage the boat swim ladder from metal-on-metal contact and can be installed and removed in less than five seconds
- 12-step design provides for 44″ of rise to ensure the top step is high enough and the bottom step is low enough for any size dog to safely use across a variety of boat and swim ladder designs without needing to pull themselves up or jump like some dog boat platforms
- Closed-cell polyethylene foam inserted in upper step pockets provides floatation and will not chip or break off like the styrofoam used in other products
- Foldable design for transport and storage in less than a minute using quick-release pins for convenience (approximately 35″ L x 16″ W x 10″ D) and weighs approximately 18 pounds.
- Shipped fully assembled
Fitment Requirements for the WAG Boarding Steps Model SLM-12:
- A lower horizontal cross-member (pivot bar or rung) that is at least 18″ below the upper cross-member
- A cross-member cross-section of no more than 1-1/2″ in two 1″-wide areas. An optional adjustable hook kit is available for swim ladders that have cross-member cross-sections of up to 4″. See FAQs for other options.
Features unique to WAG Boarding Steps Model PM-6 for platform mounting:
- Pivot mount system allows the steps to pivot in and out of the water and be quickly removed
- Cantilevered design requires no struts or support structure below the platform
- 6-step design provides for 24″ of rise from the bottom step to the platform the steps are mounted on; a 2-step extension kit is available as an accessory which increases the vertical rise to 32″
- Shipped partially assembled
Fitment Requirements for the WAG Boarding Steps Model PM-6:
- A distance above the water of less than 12″; 20″ with the 2-step extension kit
- A space at least 16″ wide (along edge of platform) and 11″ deep (distance back from edge of platform)
WaterDog Adventure Gear also offers the WAG BAG™, a collapsible, oversized, vinyl-coated mesh bag designed to carry your WAG Boarding Steps and all the gear you need for a day of fun with your dog. To view all of our great products, please view our Products Page.
Our products are sturdy and stable, and with a minimal amount of training your pet will soon be able to enjoy entering the water and safely returning to the boat without human intervention, making the time you spend with your pet more enjoyable for you as well. No more lifting your wet dog into the boat, or readjusting your pet’s ladder each and every time they enter the boat. Try the WaterDog Adventure Gear doggy boat ladder to see how it can provide more WAG for you and your dog!