Dog Ladder for Pontoon Boats by
WaterDog Adventure Gear™
WAG Boarding Steps™ are an ideal dog ladder for pontoon boats! Our specially engineered dog ladders can clip onto the existing swim ladder on your pontoon or mount onto your pontoon deck.
Unlike ramps or platforms, WAG dog ladders for pontoon boats provide a pet-friendly, stable and easy-to-use method of getting from the water onto the boat. The set-and-forget design allows your dog to come and go as they wish without you needing to lift them out of the water.
We have two models of dog boat ladders for pontoon boats:
- The patented HSM-10 is designed to mount to the horizontal surface (deck) of a pontoon boat and rest against the pontoon using two adjustable legs. It can be mounted at a side gate or rear platform above the pontoon. The unit attaches to the deck using male knobs that are threaded into flush-mount inserts installed in the deck (included). U.S. Patent No. 9,815,529 HSM-10 Owner’s Manual
- The patented SLM-12 is designed to quickly and securely mount to the swim ladder on your boat and can be installed and removed while on the boat or in the water. They can also be easily detached and float next to the boat when humans need to use the swim ladder. U.S. Patent No. 8,596,212 SLM-12 Owner’s Manual
Other mounting options are also available and can be viewed at our Doggie Steps product page.
WAG dog ladders are proudly made in the U.S.A. and shipped fully assembled incorporating:
- Engineered plastics
- Anodized aluminum extrusions
- Stainless steel hardware
The superior design and performance of WAG dog ladders for pontoon boats is demonstrated through the following features:
- “Space-frame” design results in high open areas in all three directions to minimize the force and effects of surrounding water currents and waves versus molded sheets of plastic like some dog boat ladders
- 4″ deep, flat steps with integral toe plate and 4″ step height is suitable for dogs of all sizes and more pet-friendly than other dog boat ladders or platforms
Features unique to WAG Boarding Steps Model HSM-10 for platform mounting:
- Multi-adjustable mounting legs to fit most pontoon boat designs
- Foldable design for transport and storage and weighs approximately 21 pounds
- 10-step design provides for 36″ of vertical rise from the bottom step to the top step
- Shipped partially assembled
Fitment Requirements for the WAG Boarding Steps Model HSM-10:
- A distance above the water of less than 24″
- A space at least 18-1/2″ wide (along edge of platform) and 4″ deep (distance back from edge of platform)
Features unique to WAG Boarding Steps Model SLM-12 for swim ladder mounting:
- Proprietary adjustable upper and lower mounting arm assemblies that provide unsurpassed stability and positive engagement with most boat swim ladder designs and will not slip off or pop out of settings like other products
- Spring-loaded attachment requires no tools or straps like used on other doggy boat ladders, will not damage the boat swim ladder from metal-on-metal contact and can be installed and removed in less than five seconds
- 12-step design provides for 44″ of rise to ensure the top step is high enough and the bottom step is low enough for any size dog to safely use across a variety of boat and swim ladder designs without needing to pull themselves up or jump like some dog boat platforms
- Closed-cell polyethylene foam inserted in upper step pockets provides floatation and will not chip or break off like the styrofoam used in other products
- Foldable design for transport and storage in less than a minute using quick-release pins for convenience (approximately 35″ L x 16″ W x 10″ D) and weighs approximately 18 pounds.
- Shipped fully assembled
Fitment Requirements for the WAG Boarding Steps Model SLM-12 :
- A lower horizontal cross-member (pivot bar or rung) that is at least 18″ below the upper cross-member
- A cross-member cross-section of no more than 1-1/2″ in two 1″-wide areas. An optional adjustable hook kit is available for swim ladders that have cross-member cross-sections of up to 4″. See FAQs for other options.
WAG Boarding Steps have a capacity of 130 pounds and are designed for dog use only.
WaterDog Adventure Gear also offers the WAG BAG, a collapsible, oversized, vinyl-coated mesh bag designed to carry your dog steps and all the gear you need for a day of fun with your pet. To view all of our great products, please view our Products Page.
Our products are sturdy and stable, and with a minimal amount of training your pet will soon be able to enjoy jumping into the water and safely returning to the boat without human intervention, making the time you spend with your pet more enjoyable for you as well. No more lifting your wet dog into the boat, or readjusting your pet’s ladder each and every time they enter the boat. Try a WaterDog Adventure Gear dog ladder for pontoon boats to see how it can provide more WAG for you and your dog!