Dog Ladder for Duck Boats
and Duck Boat Blinds
by WaterDog Adventure Gear™
WAG Boarding Steps™ by WaterDog Adventure Gear are a duck boat dog ladder specifically for the waterfowler that needs a better way of getting their hunting companion into their duck boat blind after a retrieve. WAG Boarding Steps have a capacity of 130 pounds and are designed for dog use only.
Unlike other products that are heavy and cumbersome, our dog ladders for duck boats are constructed of engineered plastics, aluminum extrusions and black oxide stainless steel hardware. The 4″ deep, flat steps with integral toe plate and 4″ step height is suitable for dogs of all sizes and have a slip-resistant top surface. The “space-frame” design results in high open areas in all three directions to minimize the force and effects of surrounding water currents.
We offer two models for hunting boats and blinds:
- The LM-6H is designed to mount over the gunwale or transom lip of jon boats. The patented design incorporates reversible, modifiable hooks and has independently adjustable struts to accommodate different hull design and shapes (angle/curvature). The LM-6H is available in marsh grass tan and oak moss green and the aluminum struts and hardware are black. The 6-step design provides a vertical rise of 24″ from the bottom step to gunwale or transom lip to work in locations with no more than 16″ of freeboard. A 2-step extension kit is available as an accessory which increases the vertical rise to 32″ for freeboards up to 24″. Perhaps most importantly, if you drop them in the water or they fall out of the boat, they float due to strategic placement of closed-cell polyethylene foam. They feature a collapsible design for transport and storage (approximately 42″ L x 18″ W x 5″ D) and weigh approximately 8 pounds. U.S. Patent No. 9,815,529 LM-6 and LM-6H Owner’s Manual
- The PM-6H is designed to mount to a platform and cantilevers into the water. Two pivot mounts are bolted to the platform, allowing the step assembly to pivot up out of the water and be easily removed. The PM-6H is available with oak moss green or marsh grass tan steps and has black hardware for hunting. The 6-step design provides a vertical rise of 24″ from the bottom step to the mounting platform to work in locations with no more than 16″ of freeboard. A 2-step extension kit is available as an accessory which increases the vertical rise to 32″ for freeboards up to 24″. PM-6, PM-6H and XPM-6 Owner’s Manual
Fitment Requirements for the LM-6H:
- A lip width of no more than 3-1/2″ (hook modifications are possible, if more than 3-1/2″)
- A flat lip section at least 15″ wide
- No obstructions inside of the boat within 3-1/2″ of the top of the lip (hook modifications are possible, if less than 3-1/2″)
- A freeboard (distance from top of lip to water level) of no more than 16″ (less is better for bigger dogs); 24″ with 2-step extension kit
Fitment Requirements for the PM-6H:
- A platform area at least 16-3/4″ wide and 10″ deep
- A freeboard (distance from platform to water level) of no more than 16″ (less is better for bigger dogs); 24″ with 2-step extension kit
All WAG doggy boat ladders are proudly Made in the U.S.A. incorporating:
- Engineered plastics
- Anodized aluminum extrusions
- Stainless steel hardware
Our products are sturdy and stable, the best hunting dog ladder you can buy for your boat. Try the WaterDog Adventure Gear dog ladders for duck boats and duck boat blinds to see how it can provide more WAG for you and your dog.