Dog Dock Ramp Steps
by WaterDog Adventure Gear™
WAG Boarding Steps™ are dog dock ramp steps that are perfect for those fortunate enough to have a place on the water with a dock and a dog who loves getting in! Our dog dock ramp steps provide a convenient option for your dog to get out of the water without swimming back to shore or trying to scale a seawall or rip rap. Particularly for those with a long dock, our boarding steps will make the difference in how you and your dog enjoy your water time together! Our steps also work great for floating docks and platforms!
Unlike regular ramps or platforms, WAG dog dock ramp steps provide a pet-friendly, stable and easy-to-use method for your dog to get from the water onto your dock. The 4″ deep, flat steps with integral toe plate and 4″ step height is suitable for dogs of all sizes and have a slip-resistant top surface. The “space-frame” design results in high open areas in all three directions to minimize the force and effects of surrounding water currents.
We have four models of dog dock ramp steps:
- The DM-12 is designed to mount to the face or top surface of a fixed dock or seawall and rest on the lake bottom. The 12-step design provides a vertical rise of 44″ from the bottom step to the top step. The independently adjustable legs accommodate installation depths of up to 6 feet from the lake bottom to the top of the dock or seawall. The upper mounting plate can be rotated 90 degrees for either a front or top surface mount. The DM-12 is designed to be mounted to your dock for the entire swimming season. DM-12 Owner’s Manual
- The RDM-10 is designed to give you the flexibility to mount and remove the dog dock ramp steps quickly and easily. The steps are designed to mount to the top of your dock or seawall and rest against the face of the structure or the dock/raft floats. The 10-step design provides a vertical rise of 36″ from the bottom step to the top step. It weighs approximately 20 pounds. RDM-10 Owner’s Manual
- The PM-6 is designed to mount on a flat platform and cantilevers into the water without struts. Two pivot mounts are bolted through or into the platform, allowing the step assembly to pivot up out of the water and is easily removable. The 6-step design provides a vertical rise of 24″ from the bottom step to the platform. A 2-step extension kit is available as an accessory which increases the vertical rise to 32″. The PM-6 is best suited to platforms less than 12″ (or 20″ with extension kit) above the water. PM-6 and XPM-6 Owner’s Manual
- The HSM-6 has a patent pending design that mounts to a horizontal surface using an upper mounting bar that can be clamped or restrained and has independently adjustable struts that rest against the vertical sides of a structure. The 6-step design provides a vertical rise of 24” from the bottom step to the horizontal surface. A 2-step extension kit is available as an accessory which increases the vertical rise to 32″. The HSM-6 is best suited to surfaces less than 12″ (or 20″ with extension kit) above the water. HSM-6 Owner’s Manual
Our steps are superior to other dog dock ramps for the following reasons:
- Dog dock ramps are unstable and as soon as some weight is placed on them, the ramp begins to sink and make it difficult for your pet to climb.
- Dog dock ramps take significant abuse in choppy water and can damage your dock. Our steps are designed to minimize the effect of surrounding water currents through an open design.
- Some dogs don’t like jumping into the water and prefer to climb down. Dog dock ramps do not allow your pet to easily enter the water, and our steps do!
WAG dog dock ramp steps are proudly made in the U.S.A. incorporating:
- Engineered plastics
- Anodized aluminum extrusions
- Stainless steel hardware
WAG Boarding Steps have a capacity of 130 pounds and are designed for dog use only. Some assembly is required on Models DM-12, RDM-10 and PM-6.
Our products are sturdy and stable, and with a minimal amount of training your pet will soon be able to enjoy jumping into the water and safely returning to your dock, making the time you spend with your pet more enjoyable for you as well. Try the WaterDog Adventure Gear dog dock ramp steps to see how it can provide more WAG for you and your dog.